Tuesday, July 16, 2013

More fabric used from stash

Let me say right off I am not happy about the outcome of this Style Arc pattern.  It is not so much the pattern as the fabric I chose.  I think that it is too busy for the pattern and I think I should have auditioned it more than I did.  I will wear this top around the house but don't see me wearing it out much for casual wear at all.
I think that the top would be more appealing if I had used a solid color or color blocked using solid colors.  I used 1.33 yards of fabric for this top.  Making progress using up the stash.  Perhaps I will donate it to Goodwill for use by someone else.

Next up New Look pattern and more fabric from the stash.

8 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

linda, sorry you don't like your blouse.. so frustrating when that happens.. But, I really like the fabric.. and I think it looks good on you..
Happy stash using... Look forward to seeing your next one.

Hana said...

I like your fabric and I think the blouse suits you well.

Mary said...

Hi Linda, That is cool fabric! I am sorry you aren't happy with it. It must be going around as I finished a top today which I also have reservations about. I like your tee but could see the print in a draped design also.

Far said...

Awww... Sorry To Hear That.. I Totally Understand Coz This Happens To Me Half The Time When i Sew! Sigh...

Jacq C said...

Hi Linda, how fruatrating that you're not happy with your top, I like both the pattern and the fabric. I made a wrap dress last year - pattern and fabric seemed to work well but the drape is all wrong - it's in my refashion pile! :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Linda, it is not fun when that happens - the fabric and the pattern are both lovely, but not together for you. I think someone else will relish this top. I think we have all had similar experiences - it seems some years anything I make goes in the good will bin.

redpointtailor said...

Sorry to hear you are not happy about it - it looks well.

Mrs. Smith said...

I love this fabric and I like it on you! But I get it...when you just. don't.