Monday, July 15, 2013

My July Sewing

Sewing has pretty much been brought to a halt due to machine troubles!  The Janome Horizon my husband purchased for me in February this year is having more trouble.  The is the second time I have had to take it in for whatever is ailing it now, so the project I was working on (a work shirt for my husband) has come to a halt.  Thank goodness it is under a full warranty.  The Horizon has such good reviews, so I am beginning to think I have a lemon on my hands :(  I pulled out my workhorse Singer that my husband bought for me about 23 years ago, and and it is not sewing right now.  The bobbin tension is off, and I cannot seem to figure it out, so it will need to go in the shop as well.  It was working fine when I put it away in February.  Isn't it amazing how you can put something away in fine condition, but take it out a few months later and it doesn't work right?  So, I have resorted to using my mom's old Kenmore.  This machine is heavy and really is quite pretty.  It looks brand new, and purrs like a kitten, buuuuttt, I really do not enjoy sewing with it.  It does a straight stitch and a zig zag.  I am very uncomfortable sewing with it, and it is probably because it is so very different from my Singer and Janome, it isn't even funny.

Sorry for the silence, but I have been trying to comment on everyone's finished items.  I am a bit jealous.  Sewing is a comfort hobby/craft for me, so I am really missing it.

Hopefully, things will be back up an running before the end of the month.

Until then, I will live percariously through all of you!

Happy Sewing and Blessings.

8 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

I am so sorry about your sewing machine. That is terrible.. Sending prayers that they will get it "really " fixed or give you a new one..
I too, love to sew ..It is an outlet and I miss it, when I don't get too.

Mary said...

Oh, I'm sorry about BOTH of your machines. What a drag! How about taking the time to cut out projects to sew when they come back from the shop?

dkswife said...

I've been using the Kenmore to try and make underwear LOL It just isn't any fun sewing w/ it.

Far said...

Hope That Your Machines Trouble Get Sorted Out Very Soon!!! :)

Jacq C said...

Oh you have my sympathy, I was totally unproductive in June because of machine problems, it's so frustrating. Hope all is fixed quickly :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Oh dear, I'm sad for you - I think most of us would empathise - sewing seems to be a stress buster for lots of us. I do hope you machine is not a "lemon". All the best with this.

redpointtailor said...

Oh no... it is teriible! I know your pain. I have some issues with my sewing machine and honestly I am thinking of bringing it back to dealer.
All the best with this all :-)

Scheryka said...

Sorry to hear. My serger is down. I'm sad. It's ben down a minute now. I guess I'd better get it to the doctor....