Monday, July 22, 2013

NewLook 6849

I've finally finished my tunic and it took me longer than I expected. It seems as if I couldn't set aside sewing time but also, as I ran into the obstacles that come with sewing I kept putting it aside and I felt like abandoning ship but opted not to. Sewing is one of those arts that I just want to learn even if it's a slow process. Once I start I truly enjoy it, it's almost therapeutic. I had difficulty with the darts and setting the sleeves. The fabric was a little tough to deal with also, I should have chosen a light cotton for this tunic. I will post pattern picture as well as finish project because it's been a while since I posted this project. By the way I love viewing all your wonderful projects and reading about them. Until the next time.


11 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Sorry your tunic gave you some problems..But, the out come is gorgeous.. I love that fabric!! ANd the tunic is just beautiful.. Happy sewing.

iwantahandmadewardrobe said...

Awilda...you did a terrific job! So sorry that it gave you so many hiccups :0( m.

Mary said...

Any difficulty you may have had is not obvious at all. Pretty tunic!

Dk's Wife said...

It is beautiful. Lovely work.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Well done Awilda - some projects do tend to have hiccups, but the finsihed tunic is really lovely. It doesn't matter how long a project takes, just keep going, as you did :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Awilda, do you have any idea how much fabric you used - I'm keeping a tally. No problem if you don't know.

Hana said...

Nice work! Your tunic is pretty and I hope you have fun to wearing it. I love your fabric too:)

Hana said...

Nice work! Your tunic is pretty and I hope you have fun to wearing it. I love your fabric too:)

Awilda Mejias said...

Thank you all for your positive feedback and encouragement. :) Sarah, I used 2+1/2 yards for this tunic and gave the rest to a friend who liked the fabric and that was about 1 yard.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thank you Awilda - I will add that - I didn't realise either, that you were new to sewing - so you have done a great job. Your friend is lucky to inherit some stash. I'll document that too :)

Far said...

Great Tunic Awilda! I Love The.Neckline Esp!