Monday, July 1, 2013

Part of this fabric...

... has now been used up! I started with 3 metres of Paint Splat Khaki, and cut out a top. 
A few people suggest a dress from this fabric, but all that pattern happening just wasn't for me - don't want to step too far out of the old comfort-zone!


So I ended up settling on the fairly popular KwikSew 3915 long sleeved top. The feature neck detail grabbed my attention, as did the higher back neckline - the winter winds are blowing here! Though it is difficult to see the neck feature with this print - see, I just can't see 'me' wearing this all-over!

Anyway, I did have problems with this 5 piece pattern top. Head over to my blog at made by J to read about my thoughts on this top. All good in the end, but the old quick-unpick did make a cutting appearance as I modified the pattern!

Next up on my list is trying Vogue 8721 - for no other reason than I really like the look of View D! 

I picked it up sometime late last year, and do have a piece of purpley fabric that could be suitable - and it would actually pick out the lilac in the just made top - can I Style The Stash or what!!!!



6 comments:

Dk's Wife said...

The top is great. I love the print.

Beverly said...

Love the fabric. Nice pattern too; looks great for cold weather.

Far said...

I really like the top, the print and the style! :) pretty!

redpointtailor said...

This top is wonderful - the fabric is great. I will check your blog with your remarks.

Mary said...

What a wonderful top-the fabric is so cheerful and I love the neck treatment. I have this pattern set for fall sewing in a few months.

Hana said...

Very pretty top! I love the details on the neckline. Nice work!