Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Peasant blouse

Last summer, while vacationing in Albuquerque, I bought a piece of cotton lawn that had a beautiful feel to it. It was lightweight without being too sheer. The colors were appealing to me as was the geometric print. I knew it would be perfect for something, so I bought it. And this is what I have made.
It's a simple peasant blouse with elastic at the neck and sleeve hems. It was a quick and easy project. Read more at my blog
http://playfulstitching.wordpress.com/2013/07/16/peasant-blouse/

The fabric was wider than normal, so I was able to cut the front and back side by side.
Total fabric used: 1.25 yards.

12 comments:

dkswife said...

It is very pretty. I love the fabric.

Sam said...

I agree with DK's Wife, very pretty top, gorgeous fabric.

Jacq C said...

Really lovely :)

Far said...

Sweet Blouse, Complements Your Frame :)

Mary said...

Oh, that is so pretty.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Very pretty blouse - and really shows off your neat waist- good idea to belt it.

m. said...

The blouse is so pretty :) m.

redpointtailor said...

It is lovely!

Beverly said...

Love the fabric & the style of your blouse.

Hana said...

That's a very pretty blouse and fabric choice!

Sew Blessed Maw said...

I love peasant blouses. This one is beautiful and looks great on you. Happy sewing.

Linda said...

You look very nice in this peasant blouse. Love the colors!