I'm ending July with a run of stash-busting projects I've made for other people.
I did say I was going to make another version of this dress for my DD's friend. The ideal maternity dress for a girl who loves pink - this will match her hair perfectly ...
Doris is doing a pretty good job as a stand in -
it didn't occur to me but I should have added a cushion to
show how the dress will accommodate a growing bump!
|For my 2 year old niece A - who has had her eye |
on the rabbit fabric since I brought it back from Japan
|And for my 2 year old niece C - with bias binding to match her shoes!|
|And another dress for the Dress A Girl Around The World parcel -|
I had enough to make a bigger size
|I've had this fabric in my stash for ages - cannot remember where it came from.|
I love the colours but they wouldn't suit me - this is a much better use of the piece
Now I've had a mixture of yards and metres that I've counted but I think my stash used in July is just over 12 yards - a massive improvement on June. It does help to have a sewing machine that works!
Compared to many of you here I had a pretty small stash to start with - good job I'm going shopping in Goldhawk Road tomorrow!