Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Selfless Stashbusting

Hi

I'm ending July with a run of stash-busting projects I've made for other people.

I did say I was going to make another version of this dress for my DD's friend.  The ideal maternity dress for a girl who loves pink - this will match her hair perfectly ...




Doris is doing a pretty good job as a stand in -
it didn't occur to me but I should have added a cushion to
show how the dress will accommodate a growing bump!
Stash used - 2 metres.



For my 2 year old niece A - who has had her eye
on the rabbit fabric since I brought it back from Japan

 

And for my 2 year old niece C - with bias binding to match her shoes!
Stash used - 1 metre of the Japanese 'Rabbit' cotton and 0.25 metres of leftovers for the bias binding

And another dress for the Dress A Girl Around The World parcel -
I had enough to make a bigger size

I've had this fabric in my stash for ages - cannot remember where it came from.
I love the colours but they wouldn't suit me - this is a much better use of the piece
Stash used - 0.75 metres of fabric (the bias was leftover from another project so I'm not going to count that).

Now I've had a mixture of yards and metres that I've counted but I think my stash used in July is just over 12 yards - a massive improvement on June.  It does help to have a sewing machine that works!

Compared to many of you here I had a pretty small stash to start with - good job I'm going shopping in Goldhawk Road tomorrow!

x

8 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Lovely dresses both for the kids and your friend.. Sweet of you to sew for others..
Have fun on your shopping trip.. Look forward to seeing , what you find?
Happy sewing.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Jacq, you haven't stopped since you got that new machine - I must get one as well :).

Seriously, these are all lovely projects - I remember you had all sorts of small lengths of fabrics, so they have been put to very good use.

The dress for your friend is pure fun - I think she will enjoy that- pregnancy is not always easy. Especially in warmer weather. Great dress to slip on.

Sam said...

Goodness Jacq, you've done brilliantly this month! Hope the trip to Goldhawk Road is successful.

Hana said...

These are lovely dresses! The piping on the girls dresses are very cute.

Katej841 said...

Very pretty dresses, everyone who is receiving one is very lucky!

Beverly said...

Those are all so cute! I'm sure they'll love them.

Scheryka said...

All of the dresses are adorable!

Mary said...

These are really wonderful-you deserve a shopping trip after all this selfless sewing. Wonderful prints.