Monday, July 8, 2013

Sewin' in the rain


I don't see how people in Seattle (or London) ever get anything done.  It has rained and rained and rained here in Atlanta, and I just don't feel like leaving the house.  So I sew, instead.  And of course the rain has brought down our internet connection, so that leaves me with nothing to do but sew and read (and eat).  Must get out of the house!  So I sewed up something I've been meaning to get done but had no real need for, which is another tennis outfit (wistfully thinking about sunny days, I guess).
I've tried for a couple of years to get my tennis team to agree to wear similar outfits when we go off to matches.  I can get these iron-on transfers at the Apparel Mart.  Finally I decided just to make my own and wear it to practice, to test the waters.  They may think it's all too "twee", but I am for anything that might help team spirit.  After all, the football players all match, don't they?

 
This fabric is, I think 100% viscose, very soft and drapey. I used my TNT Connie Crawford tee shirt pattern, my TNT StyleArc Gorgeous Gore skirt pattern, and about 2 yards of my stash.  Of course five yards of ponte knit just came in from Fabric Mart.  Can't resist those 4th of July sales!

9 comments:

Mary said...

chic tennis tee and shorts!

Sew Blessed Maw said...

cute tennis outfit..

Linda said...

Cute, raining all the time here in Roanoke, VA also

m. said...

The best time to sew...rainy days :) m.

Mrs. Smith said...

My parents are in the Atlanta area and my dad has been fussing about all the rain too! Hope it dries up soon but nice that you get to sew so much!! Cute outfit!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Carole, we get lots of rain where I live, and it really does stop a lot of activities - I hate it.

Looks like the time was put to good use making that lovely tennis outfit.

Sales sound good too:) After all your stash busting efforts, I should think you were in withdrawal :)

Dk's Wife said...

Nice outfit. Too bad others do not want to dress as a team. Have fun playing tennis!

Scheryka said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scheryka said...

I live about 4 hours from the ATL and it's been raining here for a week. I love it. Gives me time to sew but lately I've been doing more packing than sewing. Your outfit looks SOOOO comfy! Good job on busting the stash.