Friday, July 26, 2013

Sewing Vintage Modern Polka Dot Dress

Hello all....
I am glad that I finally finished my new dress. This project was delayed because of my work on a men's shirt for my husband.

I used  2 yards of polka dot fabric, fusible interfacing, invisible zipper and same color of thread. All the materials are from my stash.
The pattern, I used Burdastyle Elizabeth Gathered-Waist dress size 34 for the dress bodice and instead of using straight-gathered skirt from the original pattern, I used pleated skirt pattern from my stash.


More details and pictures of the dress in my blog, Sewing Vintage Modern Polka Dot Dress
Happy sewing to you all!

11 comments:

Sam said...

This looks lovely on you. Great that you had everything you needed in your stash.

dkswife said...

It is very nice, and you look great in it.

Jacq C said...

It looks super on you, I do love polka dots :)

KathyS said...

Lovely dress! I adore dotty fabric :)

Mary said...

Hana, this is a wonderful look for you! Nice dress!!

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Adorable Hana, I love it and it looks so cute on you.

Hana said...

Thank you so much everyone for your sweet comments. Happy stash styling!

Beverly said...

I love polka dots and looks so lovely on you.

playfulstitching said...

The pleated skirt was a good choice for the polka dot fabric. I like the extended shoulders on the bodice too.

Sabhyata - Indian Fashion Boutique said...

Nice modern dresses...wonderful fashion boutique collection!!!

Joanna Doyle said...

This is a really pretty dress and I love the pleated skirt.

Jo

http://jossewandshow.blogspot.co.uk/