Saturday, July 20, 2013

Stash Skirt # 1.

Finally, my June plan has been started - I think I deviated in June and made a jacket, but had originally planned two A-Line skirts. 

Well, one has been made - not only did it use up stash, it also reduced my stress - it was very quick, simple and easy to make :).   The little picture below was the original inspiration - Margaret Howell, Fall/Winter 2010-2011.  I liked the skirt back then, and still do.

 So here is my version - a black pin wale corduroy, and my A-Line skirt pattern (I'm not sure what pattern it was originally, I just have the traced pattern I use- marked as "A-Line skirt".  Most A-lines are much the same anyway).


So, nice style and nice sewing:)

I hope to have the second one made next Saturday in grey corduroy. 

I used 1.75 yards of stash.

Sarah Liz :)

7 comments:

Dk's Wife said...

Love it. Basic skirts are a staple in my wardrobe.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Love your skirt!!
Noting better than corduroy.. Happpy sewing.

Hana said...

Very nice skirt! I love A-line skirt, it's so wearable.

Christy S said...

I love simplicity and I adore your skirt.

Mary said...

Nice-and it will be great in grey also :-)

iwantahandmadewardrobe said...

Very nice :) m.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thank you ladies- I hope to have the grey skirt done by next Saturday evening :)