Monday, July 1, 2013

Style that Stash - Status Update


 Hi Everyone

(This will be updated at the end of the week after all June projects have trickled in :))

What a great month it's been.  An unbelievable amount of 151.35 yards of  counted stash has been styled and sewn into beautiful garments, bags and curtains.

There is also an amount of uncounted stash that has been used as well:  so perhaps another 16-20 yards could be added.  If you want to let me know the amount used, I can add it to the official stash count.  These are the amounts not yet counted:


Carole - Pants

Dk's wife- Skirt

Dorothy - Lime top and aqua suit
Maria - suit


Garments made total 74 plus Judy's numerous children's clothes and crafts, Beverly's multiple bags, and two sets of curtains made by Carole and Ellen, and Beverly's valance.

There have a also been 2 refashions and numerous trouser muslins made by Sarah Liz (who else??? sometimes looks like that's all I do:)).

The picture gallery for June is up, but I will re-arrange it in so it looks more attractice in due course - but all the projects are there.  If I have missed putting one up, just let me know :)

SO:  all in all a fantastic month and I want to thank you all for making this blog such a success - some of you have been thanking me for setting it up, but really, I think you all deserve equal credit for joining in and making this sew-a-long as wonderful as it is.

July is now here, and I think a few of you are starting to post your plans for this month - can't wait to see what they are.  

Some of you might still be working on the project you started in June - that's fantastic, just keep going.  Or if you haven't yet started, now is a good time to think about what to do:)

 I think I have entered all of you on the Blog Roll - if you are not there, please let me know. 

Well, everyone, lets keep styling and sewing our stash through July.

Sarah Liz

11 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Sarah! What impressive totals. I actually have two more items in June, but they have not been photographed. They will be posted by tomorrow ;-)

Marjorie said...

I had added yardage to my original skirt post the following morning: Stash used:
*3 panel fabric of 60" linen fabric, about 1.5 yards
*Scraps of white cotton sheet for lining: I'll guess 2 yards since that's what the pattern calls for
* Metal 7" zipper

Plus 1/2 queen-sized sheet for the muslin made for the skirt (count as another 2 yards)

ozviking said...

What a fantastic result - wow! Let's see what we can achieve in July! For the record, my jacket took 2 m.

Far said...

Eeekk... I haven't been updating, but here to say that on top of the 2 yds i used for my silk+cotton voile, I also stashbusted another 6.5 yds of fabric in June... :) will update in a while

Katej841 said...

Hi, sorry for not mentioning the amount of fabric I used (wearing the dress right now...). Three yards. I finished another dress this weekend, and it was done last night, so it could also be counted for June. B5881, 2.5 yds for that, so total for June 5.5 yds.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Hi Sarah Liz, Sorry I didn't post how much stash I used in the kids clothes that I did.. I used 4 yards from my stash.. I am so excited with the June count. Everyone has done a great job.
I am going to get on the ball sewing in July...[painting almost finished.yea]

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Heather, I knew a few more would be up, just as well there is a real person here who can work with human nature :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Marjorie, Thanks for this - all added :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Far, I counted the 2 yards because I found it on one of your posts and noted it down. I won't add the 6.5 until your post goes up - put it up in July and the 6.5 can go in the July count. It doesn't matter, at the end of the year we'll have a grand total of all the months :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Kate, I'll just count what is up on the gallery at the moment, and then when your next post and picture go up, I can add the next total.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Judy, that's okay, I'll add it now. Yes, you have been off the sewing hook in June - we all know what you have been up to! I'll bet things are looking good at the cabin :) I should think you are looking forward to sewing soon.