Friday, July 19, 2013

Summer Stash Dress....

My daughter did this one - but the material is from my stash.  Certainly not what I had envisioned when this material came up on ebay.....  but I think it's turned out stunningly well!


I think she used about 2 metres on this.

If you want to see a few other items she made this week (on a real roll she was) then check out my blog post here:  http://sallysewssometing.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/summer-sewing.html#comment-form

My youngest daughter and I have also been sewing, but I'll add more on that later.....  

8 comments:

Jacq C said...

Oh how lovely. I just taught my daughter to crochet (I waited patiently to be asked!). Isn't it joyful to share a skill :)

Mrs. Smith said...

Ah I wish my daughter was interested in any of my crafting!! :)

Beautiful girl and beautiful dress! I popped over to your blog, how fun that her and her friends are sewing up things themselves!

Far said...

Lovely Dress!

Sally Burch said...

Thank you all... I know I'm very lucky with my girls. It is a bit of fun and they each have very different notions! Have to admit (although I didn't say it at the time) I wasn't convinced this dress would work at all... but Elaine obviously knew better because I'm now convinced she was right! LOL (And the buttons on the front are off an old cardi of mine, that I down-cycled into a dog's bed!)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

That's a lovely little dress - it's just perfect for your daughter (Elaine, I think - lovely name). It's nice that some of the younger ladies want to sew - crafting is taking off again.

Hana said...

Pretty dress!

Mary said...

What a pretty dress on a pretty young woman!! Good job!

Lucy said...

Love the dress. How wonderful to have a sewing partner in the family!