Monday, July 8, 2013

Trousers..Finally!

On 14Feb '13 I made a muslin of Simplicity 2700. And I finally have a pair of wearable pants! Now, there are still things to be changed on pair #2...But, I do like them and plan to wear them tomorrow.

I love the interior finished with bias tape, I like the width of the waistband. I'll probably skip the tab front next time.

This project used about 2 1/2 yards of fabric.





I love these tags - got them from GutenTAGS on Etsy! Full blog post along with a bunch of other weekend randomness HERE.

13 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Great job, great fit.. I like the bias binding too.. Congrats on getting the muslin fitted and now a nice pair of pants to wear..

m. said...

Excellent fit Mrs. Smith! They look really good :) m.

Hana said...

You did a nice work on the trousers. Well done!

Mrs. Smith said...

Thanks all!! I think I ran through the house showing my pants off to everyone (hubby + 4 kids!) :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Those trousers look lovely - nicely made and these fit you so nicely. No wonder you were so proud of yourself :)

Giggles said...

they look spectacular. well done :-)

Dk's Wife said...

The pants are fantastic and you look fantastic in them! Great work. Enjoy wearing them.

Sam said...

These look great on you. Well done!

Beverly said...

You got a really great fit & love the style.

Far said...

Looking great

redpointtailor said...

This are great! Congratulations!

Mary said...

Terrific fit!

Scheryka said...

See, I was going to do this pattern but changed my mind. NOW, I want to do mine. You done a good job. Out of curiosity, how tall are you? Just wanting to get a feel of how long they'll fall.