Friday, July 26, 2013

Two Tilton dresses

For July I've finished two Tilton dresses, one the "French Housewife" dress, one the K Tilton pullover dress with the "peek-aboo" seams. Total yardage for both is 5 3/4 yards.  Enjoyed these both a  lot, wearing the green one now.  Tilton blouse underway for August.....

B5881

V8813

On the Butterick dress, I really had to scrimp on the fabric, and ended up piecing the back towards the sides.  Almost invisible, but I did it symmetrically, so hopefully anyone who notices will think it's a "design feature" ;)

7 comments:

dkswife said...

They both look very comfy, and I love the fabric.

Katej841 said...

I should have said that the fabric was purchased last year; the blue linen in the summer, and the green linen in the fall...

Far said...

both look great, they look so comfy! my fave most probably the blue one, but the green top's collar is something i like too...

Jacq C said...

The linen is beautiful, my favourite is the green one but they are both lovely :)

Mary said...

These are great-they are both cute summer dresses and you were able to try them out using stash. Which is your favorite?

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Love your new dresses. Congrats on getting 2 made from your stash..The linen fabric is beautiful.

Katej841 said...

I think I prefer the green one, mostly because the blue one exposes my arms more, and I am not thrilled with my arms lately ;)