I'm afraid my August total is pretty measly compared to July. I've been frantically busy at work so haven't managed to take my weekly non-working days. Despite that I've ticked off some important sewing milestones, at least they are for me!
|"Autumn in Tokyo" dress - my contribution to The|
Sew Weekly Reunion challenge, to make something in the Pantone Fall 2013 colours
Firstly, Butterick B5450 (blogged about in detail here) - not only does this mean I managed to take part in The Sew Weekly Reunion, it was also my Sewlution to make a fitted dress and conquer my bust. Two accomplishments in one!
I'm really pleased with how it turned out - this feels like a significant sewing 'ta dah' moment for me! I really took my time to try to figure out how to make the bust fit comfortably, but still have shape and no gaping at the back of the neck. I don't seem to be very quick at this but it's starting to make sense. Having put the hard work in I'm already planning a second version.
|And proof of the amount of stash I used - 2.2 metres|
The cost is in Japanese yen - about £2.90 from a Tokyo flea market
... as the recipients don't have them yet. I used stash but I've read the pattern and it says 1.5 yards for each, so that's another 3 yards.
I think that makes my total for August just over 5 yards. It's a shame it's not as much as the fabric that's come into this house over the last 4 weeks!