Tuesday, August 27, 2013

another 7.7 yards used this month...

I've been busy this month making casual clothes that have been on the summer list for years - I just never quite got around to making them. So this month I decided to ignore a few other things I probably should have been doing, and finally made them.  Two pairs of pants (7/7 length) and a skirt.  I was going to make a little cotton throw on wearable muslin jacket, but it turned out to be a learning muslin instead.  This is why:


Although I took in the shoulders and part of the back, it is still far too baggy and large.  If you are interested in what alterations are needed, go to:http://sarahlizsewstyle.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/no-little-jacket-just-yet.html

The skirt and pants were a success though - and those of you who know me, know I have spent a lot of time this year working out how to fit pants.

Black 7/8 pants

Navy 7/8 pants

Straight Skirt
If you want to know what pattern I used for the pants, visit my blog:http://sarahlizsewstyle.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/3-finished-1-to-go.html
That's a total of 7.7 yards of cotton drill out of my stash...

Sarah Liz

4 comments:

Dk's Wife said...

Very nice work!!

Mary said...

Nice work! I am off to work now, but will check in on your personal blog for the alterations.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thank you ladies.

Beverly said...

Great job on the pants! I need to get back to working on pants fitting.