Friday, August 9, 2013

August Project #1 complete

I'm aiming to make a few things this month, and I've finished the first.  It's a cotton blouse, and I used up 1.70 yards from my stash.



The blouse is actually even at the hem (I know, because I measure the sides before hemming to make sure).  My dummy isn't - she is very old.  She has been adjusted in and out so many times she is not even anymore - - bit like me, I think :)

I used New Look 6963.  This is a lovely little pattern, and a good blouse to make for beginners.  I've run a series of tutorials showing you how I made this blouse on my blog.   If you are interested in looking at these,  you can find the tutorials by looking at the labels on my blog sidebar.

Sarah Liz :)

7 comments:

Beverly said...

I love button up blouses & yours is so nice.

Mary said...

Crisp cotton blouses=heaven. Your workmanship is so wonderful.

Mrs. Smith said...

It's very nice! And I love the tip of making a template for pressing the curved areas to prep for hemming. Genius.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thank you ladies, I do like the sewing process enormously. some people like fitting, some patternmaking, I love sewing :)

Jacq C said...

Very smart and a pretty, flattering colour too :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thank you Jacq :)

Hana said...

Lovely blouse and fabric color! I am thinking to make one for myself:)