Sunday, August 18, 2013

August Project # 2 complete

Hello fellow stashists,

Certainly parts of my stash are better with some sewn style to them.  This bit of cotton broadcloth has now turned into a useful summer shirt for hot and humid weather, when you still want to look neat and smart.

I used  1.8 yards of fabric.

If you want to see this shirt and all the other shirts I have made this year (or to find out about my reviews for these shirts) visit:http://sarahlizsewstyle.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/three-cotton-shirts-in-row.html

I should think some of you are in transition zone at the moment - working out what to make for the coming Fall/Winter in the northern hemisphere.  I'm making a head start on summer clothes for our upcoming Spring/Summer season.

Sarah Liz

7 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Love your blouses... Love the solid colors.. I made a white one , but I need to do a pink & blue one too..

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Can't wait to see your blouse - and pink and blue will suit you too :)

Heather said...

Looks like a really sensible shirt to sew over and over again. One of these days I'll make a button down. I still dread the FBA for it, though.

Mary said...

Great shirts!! I am thinking fall jackets right now.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Some shirts have pleats at the back which may help.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Yes, must be that time for you.

redpointtailor said...

Wonderful shirt - great finish!