Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hey Ladies (There aren't any guys in the stash down, right?)

I have been travelling yet again and not sewing much!

I thought I would show myself and let you know that I am not, in fact, dead.

Won't bore you with a bunch of stuff, but I did manage to move my blog's sewing content to Weebly.  I am pretty consistently frustrated with blogger, so I am giving it a test run.  So far, so good.  There is still not lots of content there, but you can now find me at:

Sew You Think You Can Sew

On the crafting front, I've managed to put buttonholes/buttons on hubby's shirt, but haven't managed a picture of him in it yet.  My turquoise pants are oh so close to a finish, so that will be the next FO.

I sent my quilt to the long arm quilter today for finishing.
The top looks like this:

I also decided I am currently just a little too chubby to sew for myself.  I am currently enrolled in boot camp before I do any more fitting.  In the meantime, I've got lots of baby projects, bag projects and another shirt for DH on the horizon.

I hope to have an update soon!

7 comments:

SarahLizSewStyle said...

No, all ladies - not many male sewists out there - be nice to see a few more. That quilt is gorgeous. Was that a stash buster, in which case, must have taken quite some metres. why are you frustrated with Blogger? I'm trialling wordpress, and I find that frustrating - but I think you work in IT so it would be great to have your opinion.

Heather said...

Yes, I think we need some masculine energy here. LOL. I will report on it when it is bound. That won't be until September!! Yup, this is going to be lots of yards.

Heather said...

Oh, and on Blogger, I don't like the way it handles photos, I don't have the flexibility I like with blogger. I am still learning weebly, but I can report back later!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

I don't like the way it handles photos either - especially as it just removed some from our gallery. Be interesting to know what you think of Weebly. I'm playing with Wordpress - the have a limit on photo uploads before charging.

I love your quilts Heather - where do you find the time and energy?

Heather said...

Yes, I don't have the full report on Weebly yet, but I'll be sure to report back. I have plenty of storage space on Flickr, so I don't worry too much about that.
As for time....I don't have kids and I have a stay-at-home husband. :-) That helps immensely!!!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Yes it would ! (re husband support). I haven't used Flicker yet, currently use Photobucket. I've got a lot to learn still about computers - I couldn't get into post grad study this year, so I've been trying to learn how all this stuff works.

Mrs. Smith said...

I LOVE the quilt top!!!!