Friday, August 23, 2013

Kwik Sew-NOT! Project #14

Here is my patio dress I have fiddled with until the stitching is worn.  I used KS 3872 and you can read my review of the pattern here on PatternReview.  Even after two alterations for width of the yoke, I still need to adjust the fit or the straps slide right off. :-)

The dress called for 2 1/2 yards of fabric.

In other news, it is still smokey from forest fires here in southern Oregon and we are all suffering a bit from the effects.  Some people in the Grants Pass area have moved to the coast with their RVs to avoid the smoke, and others are looking for places to board their performance horses.  I have been riding VERY lightly, and my old Anglo Arab is a handful right now because I am limiting exercise.  Nick, the Curly, is still his regular self=laid back and lazy and willful.

Hope everyone is enjoying sewing and crafting.

3 comments:

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Oh, bushfire season. Always horrid. Yes, not good for lungs.

The dress has worked out well for an easy around the house summer dress. I don't get on with KwikSew patterns at all. Some people find them really good and with a good fit.

Dk's Wife said...

The dress is beautiful. I am sorry about the forest fires. I pray they are brought under control soon.

redpointtailor said...

I hope the fires will be over soon. The dress is fabulous... event with this small min point.