Saturday, August 31, 2013

More Deuglification and a Tutorial

I have been continuing to upgrade some items in my house.  There was this....

OK, this wasn't my purchase.  We rented a fully furnished apartment 5 years ago, and we've let this lovely sit in our entryway for all that time.  I finally had enough and bought 3/4 yard of some Amy Butler cotton/linen mix and recovered it.....


I also started to sew hubby a pair of shorts. There is a new pattern company in Canada that is doing some nice men's stuff.  They are called Thread Theory.  These are the Jedediah Shorts (there's also a pant option).  I followed the directions for the front pockets, but added a double welt pocket to the back.  They are meant to roll up, so making the binding for the leg seams took a good long while.  Hope to finish these over the weekend!

 My first ever double welt pockets.
And, I finally got motivated to do that tutorial.  Here it is!!  This is only my second tutorial, so please let me know if something isn't crystal clear!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Wonderful projects!! Those double welt pockets are fabulous, and I really like what you did with the...? um, what is that piece of furniture? Thank you very much for the cool tutorial-what a great way to use loved scraps.

Heather said...

My husband calls it our 'pommel horse' LOL. It is just a small bench in our entry (people take their shoes off in Europe).....

Mary said...

pommel horse-that is what I thought also. :-) I'd be jumping over it, on it, using it for cartwheels!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

I wondered what it was - I thought it must have been some sort of foot stool, or sitting perch of some sort.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Love your recover job - much nicer than the zebra. The trousers are stunning - your husband will have to wear them inside out to show off your lovely binding fully :)

Heather said...

Ha. Well, they have a rolled cuff, thus the binding detail.