Monday, August 19, 2013

New Look 6150

I thought I had posted about this top here but I think not.  I made New Look 6150 .
I used fabric that has been in my stash for over 4 years.  This was one of the final fabric purchases I made from Textile Studios before they closed up shop.  This is a lovely mesh knit fabric with flowers.  It was very nice to sew with, much better than I thought it would be.  Now I wish I had more of it.

I was drawn to NL6150 when I first saw it on website.  Reading several reviews at Pattern Review helped me deal with some fitting issues others had.  Some adjustments I made were forward shoulder, and sway back.  I reduced the length by 1.5 inches as I am short and many indicated that the pattern ran long.  I find that NL patterns are always rather long on me as they are drafted for someone much taller.

Here are a few photos of the top when I wore it to work recently.
Semi front view




Shows where the crossover falls
Back view






I used 1.5 yards of fabric for this top.

7 comments:

Dk's Wife said...

It is very pretty!!

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Such a beautiful blouse.. Love the fabric too.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

It is lovely - and the cross over fits nicely. Good idea to shorten it - it looks long on the pattern picture, so it would have swamped you.

Heather said...

Your stuff is always so classy. Great job!

Mary said...

Nice top, and the whole outfit is wonderful. I love jersey tops as they can be dressed down with jeans and also used for work.

Dk's Wife said...

The top is so pretty. I love the fabric.

redpointtailor said...

Absolutly gorgeous!