Tuesday, August 6, 2013

New Trousers! :)

I made Simplicity 2700 and was pleased with them, but not ecstatic. So, I continued my pants fitting journey. I ended up making a great pair of pants with Butterick 5908 and will be making MORE!

Muslin details HERE

Finished item post HERE

I used about 2 yards for this project.





I also attempted to make a top, that didn't turn out so well :( Simplicity 1806, used 1.5 yards.

 
Ignore the spotty mirror! :)

The back pleat is cute though...

5 comments:

Dk's Wife said...

I think they both look good :)

Mary said...

Thos e pants look great-I also have good luck with Butterick pants. The blouse holds possibilities, and that back pleat is totally cute!

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Love your pants.. such a great fit..Good job..
I like the top too, pretty color.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

I'll be over to your site to have a good look at those pants - they look good here. I like the top as well - I think on a hot day it will be quite wearable, but I guess it is how you feel about it that counts. The back pleat is gorgeous.

Beverly said...

Great job on the pants!