Friday, August 23, 2013

Non-garment sewing

Got two quick projects done this week.
1. A new lamp shade to replace a torn paper one.  This is doubled, so used the better part of 2 yards that I got at the discount fabric shop last weekend.
2. And some new pattern weights using this tutorial.  This project really only took a fat quarter of fabric to get done.  I used some batting in stash to line them.  They are stuffed with coins and lentils to weight them down.

That's all for now, but plenty more projects on the horizon!

6 comments:

Sam said...

I love the pattern weights. I'll have to look up that tutorial, I need some of these.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Heather, you are so multitalented. Both projects are great - love the lampshad, and I will be making some pattern weights as well - fantastic idea.

Heather said...

Awww, thanks Sarah Liz! The pattern weights are a nice instant gratification project, for sure.

Mary said...

Great stash busters!! I love the lampshade also.

Mrs. Smith said...

That lampshade is amazing! Nice work! And the pattern weights are super cute. I keep saying I'm going to cover my metal washers in some way :)

redpointtailor said...

I will make the pattern weights as well - very good idea!