Friday, August 2, 2013

Over 300 yards so far...

322.95  to be precise.  And that is not counting the projects for which no yardage/meterage was submitted.  

The June total was 183.95  yards.  The July total was 139 yards (plus for both months the undocumented amounts - so we have sewn and styled MUCH MORE than 322.95 yards.

I think that is a phenomenal effort.  I wonder what we will achieve in August.

I'm already working on August projects and hope to get through at least 8 yards of stash, if not more.  I also have a  lot of stash pre washed and ready to go - I want to use it up this year.


I can't wait to shift this little pile - I can see jackets and trousers here. 

What are you planning for August - some of you will be starting to think Fall/Autumn clothes.  For those of us in Oz, we will be moving towards summer in a few months. And Hana has a different climate altogether.

Looking forward to seeing your plans and projects...

Sarah Liz

12 comments:

Judith said...

Not sure of the conversion to metres, but over 300 yards is impressive! You must have a lot of spare cupboard space now. Love the look of the blue fabrics in your leftover pile - and the wool - Spring sewing is all but here for us Aussies...

Jacq C said...

Wow, that is so impressive. Thanks for all your hard work, calculating everything and sorting photos - it's really motivating to see the garments being created by everyone :)

Scheryka said...

What's in the plans for the top printed blue fabric? I like it.

shawntasews said...

That's awesome!!! August is shaping up to be a good month for me as I have already cut up 7 and 1/2 yards of fabric in 4 patterns and the month is only 2 days old! :)

Mrs. Smith said...

Just just under 300 meters :)

Mrs. Smith said...

This is really something!!

I so far plan to sew about 10 yards the first half of the month, while I have lots of free time.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thank you Nakisha - and thanks to all of you for contributing to this amount - it wasn't just my stash :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Yes, we have an unbelievable array of gorgeous me mades - it does help the mojo, you are right. It's been a pleasure to organis all this.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Scheryka, not sure yet - pants perhaps - I originally saw some pants like this and loved them. Or a jacket. To be decided by the time I cut it out (September latest).

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Wow, that's fantastic - glad you are able to sew again. Can't wait to see what you make :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Nakisha - I agree. I hope you get lots made (more because I know how much you enjoy sewing than for any other reason). I'm onto my first garment for the month - not sure if I'll match your 10 but I'll try :)

Mary said...

We are an impressive group! :-) I have a little project to share but haven't yet taken photos...I used the remnants of my nightie fabric and made a tee. My plans for August include a long dress (an older pattern which makes a patio dress, different from a maxi dress), and then I think I'll start on some fall sewing. It was 36F yesterday morning!