Friday, August 23, 2013

Red Rayon

Hi everyone! I'm Zoe and I'm new here. I blog over at Etsy Addict and I have been sewing for 2 years.

I've had this red rayon in my stash for awhile now and bought it on sale, 2.5 metres for $10!


I started with this pattern and used a severely altered View E. The skirt is a half circle skirt. I used 1cm facings and topstitched to finish the neckline. An invisible zipper is in the centre back seam.


A close up view. Also, the hem isn't actually wonky, it is just the weird angle my knee is that dipped the hem!



11 comments:

Heather said...

Great color and nice drape!

Sam said...

Hi Zoe! Great dress, the colour looks fab on you.

Jacq C said...

Hi Zoe, lovely dress, the colour is very f
Attering on you :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Zoe, lovely to finally have you up on the Blog. Great dress, the colour is so nice on you - and well done on altering the pattern to make it "yours". It's a really cute dress.

Dk's Wife said...

The dress is great, and you look nice in it.

Zoë said...

Sorry about the delay, school got the better of me. Thank you everyone for the compliments!

Mary said...

Welcome, and cute dress!!

Mary said...

Welcome, and cute dress!!

Mrs. Smith said...

I just love rayon. Super cute dress!

seeds seams and upcycling said...

The colour is super flattering on you, and I love the way you have made the pattern your own. Great dress.

redpointtailor said...

Welcome! Very nice dress - you are very creative!