Thursday, August 8, 2013

Top For My Mom

Hello everyone.....
I made this top especially for my mom. I will meet her on the vacations very soon, so I wanted to make something special for her to wear. I just hope that she will like it and the top will fit her nicely.
I used 2 1/2 yards of very soft cotton in printed blue from my stash. I used the upper and sleeve pattern from Burdastyle Printed Tunic (Plus Size) 01/2013 size 44, then I draw a new straight line from upper front + back down to the hips and middle thigh. I omitted the front slit and added the sleeve tabs.
top front

top back with button on it and sleeve tab
For more details on my blog,
http://velvetribbonsew.blogspot.com/2013/08/tops-for-my-mom.html
Happy sewing to you all!

5 comments:

Katej841 said...

I would be surprised if she doesn't like it! The fabric is very pretty, the blue is a nice color, and the design looks very attractive

Iryna Boehland said...

I like the print! And the blouse looks so light and pretty.
It reminds me that I need to make something for my mom. We'll meet on vacation soon too!

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Such a pretty top. Know your mom will love it. Have fun on your vacation.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

What a lovely idea to make something for your mother when you meet soon. It is a really elegant top, and should drape nicely. It is also a lovely holiday top.

Hana said...

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments. Happy stash styling to you all!