Sunday, September 15, 2013

A New Coat

This has been a project in the making for a few years.  I bought the fabric and pattern at around the same time, but didn't take the time to make it until now.  Even though I waited a while, I am very happy with the end result.  The pattern is Indygo Junction 740For more information about the construction and alterations, please visit my blog


Stash used:  2 yards of upholstery fabric for the upper bodice; 1 yard of upholstery fabric for the lower bands

L


7 comments:

Dk's Wife said...

Absolutely awesome. You did a great job.

Dorothy DotDot said...

This is not a boring coat. It is beautiful!

Heather said...

Just stunning!

Heather said...

Just stunning!

Busy Elle Bee said...

Wow! Your version looks better than the original! Really beautiful :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi L, I've only just realised that the fabric you used was the same as the fabric in the pattern picture - looks great - I thought your coat had a separate bottom pattern, and yes, the pattern shows this too. It's lovely. Well done:)

Mary said...

Love your new coat!! I am thrilled to see it all done, but you are probably happier than me ;-) So cool that you found the same fabric and worked with the motif so well. It looks great.