Wednesday, September 18, 2013

beachy skirt, #18

My beach/travel wardrobe is growing.  I'm hoping I can make enough items that the wardrobe can stay in my trailer while we are at home, and when getting packed...I can just check accessories.  Ha!  It's a plan, but one I am pretty sure will not work.   I usually pack, check, repack, add another carryall with "maybe I'll need these" items.  My dream is to pack my shoes, and meds...everything else will already be in the trailer for our 4 month camping trip. Wish me luck.

This is Butterick 4135 View A, in a taupe striped cotton twill.  The OOP pattern calls for challis. rayon, crepe or double georgette.   I had this wonderful cotton in my stash, and it will wear wonderfully.  I know it will just get softer and softer.  The skirt is a little tight (pattern runs small?  haha) and hangs as a straight skirt even though the illustration shows a flowy A line.  I like the look however, and it will be a nice change from shorts.  I'll wear this when we go to town, or to dinner on the beach. 

I love the drape, which adds a little drama to what would otherwise be a pretty serious little skirt. The knit jacket on the chair will be one of the coverups I pair with the skirt.

Stash used: 1 5/8 yds

4 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

SO pretty.. and looks great on you. Hope you have a wonderful beach trip... and I also hope your plan for packing works..lol

Hana said...

Beautiful skirt, Mary! Wishing you a great camping trip!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

I love this skirt Mary - it's going to be great for those outings you are planning. I didn't realise you were off for four months - no wonder you need quite a travel wardrobe. Enjoy it...

Heather said...

I love that drapey side detail!