Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Calling it done.... Even though it really isn't

2.5 yds of another African cotton print used to make this Archer shirt this week.  The reason it isn't quite done is that I somehow messed up a pleat on the sleeve and the cuffs are currently just sewn with the button far in to compensate for being too large.  Still, it is wearable and I plan to take them apart and fix it soon, anyhow.  This shirt pattern is very nice and the fit is great.  Modeled shots will come after I finish something else in the WIP pile that will make this an outfit.  The sizing was only changed by taking 3 inches off the sleeve.  Yes, I have chipmunk arms.

2 comments:

SarahLizSewStyle said...

You have chipmunk arms, I have long gorilla ones - we'll have to come to some agreement! It's a stunning blouse - and I find that some jobs I plan to go back and alter, sometimes never quite get done, and the garment gets worn anyway!

Those african prints look really nice in classic, simple shapes.

Mary said...

Very nice Archer! I have this pattern but haven't tried it yet. I love the back detail.