Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First FO of September



This is the Pavlova wrap by Cake Patterns.   This uses 2 yds of a knit.  Even though I had to fool with my funky misaligned fabric to get something close to a pattern match, I'm quite pleased.  It will be a piece of my four piece mini-wardrobe for the patternreview.com September contest.  What do you think of my fabric?  Too wild?

I have a simple skirt that just needs a hem right now, plus, I found an entire baby quilt's worth of squares in the patchwork WIP bin.  So, I pieced it and got a quilt top done for a friend's new baby girl.  I got some backing fabric today, so hopefully this will get done this week.

I sliced through the sashing by mistake, but I like my "fix".

7 comments:

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Heather - Congrats on having the first post of the month :)

That's a really pretty quilt - and mistakes can sometimes by the best thing that happened - the addition to cover the slicing looks so cute.

The top is lovely - the stripes are nicely placed - not sure if it is too wild, but I think you will manage! I like it, the cut is classic and with a plain bottom, it will work nicely.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

PS - I was thinking of the pattern review mini wardrobe contest, but I have a busy September, so I passed. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Heather said...

Well, I am keeping it pretty basic. The pavlova as a wrap, a button down shirt (although the material is silk), a simple silk skirt with pintucks, and some pants. I nearly got a pair of pants to work. Look for those this week!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Well, it would have been posted in August, but I temporarily misplaced my twin needle for the hem, so it is kinda cheating.
The quilt will be very cute for a little girl. I love the bird there, now! I just want to do some simple quilting on this, and it isn't such a size that will be too hard to deal with in my machine.

redpointtailor said...

Great pants! and the pawlova top too! It is great wardobe bulider. It will go well with pants!
I have made 2 with long sleeves.

Mary said...

Heather, I am intrigued by your wardrobe plan. I'll keep an eye out on PR. Cute top, and nice save on the quilt! Such a cute chick.