Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My September Sewing Project: Monochrome Study Hall Skirt

Hello again,
Hope this post finds you all well.

One of my projects for September, is the Study Hall Skirt by Anna Marie Horner.

Picture source: www.annamariahorner.com (http://store.annamariahorner.com/studyhallskirt.html)
Below is my fabric selection:



Pattern: Black and cream, hand blocked print
Fabric: 100% organic cotton

Plain Solid: Black (for inserts and hem)
Fabric: Poly-cotton blend

The skirt will use about 2.5 yds of fabric (not including lining).

I debated about adding a 3rd fabric - a fuchsia pink, poly-cotton blend fabric for the inserts, but frankly I got a bit scared that it would be too 'loud' for everyday wear.

Hope to post updates by the end of the week of my progress with this project. Any comments, ideas and/or suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading, happy sewing!

7 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Love this fabric. So pretty. I know it will be a pretty skirt.Look forward to seeing it.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Love this fabric. So pretty. I know it will be a pretty skirt.Look forward to seeing it.

Hana said...

Beautiful fabric choice for skirt. Good luck, Elle!

Heather said...

Cute skirt!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Yes, these fabrics will work nicely for everyday - looking forward to the seeing the finished skirt :)

Mary said...

Nice choices!

Busy Elle Bee said...

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I was a little worried, by thanks to your comments, I feel more confident. All the prep has been done, so now it time to commit scissors to cloth - wish me luck!

Take care :)