Sunday, September 15, 2013

I really need to get sewing....but fun abounds instead

Hello ladies.  I did finish one thing, but it is already in the laundry.  :-)  Just thought I'd tell you about a little adventure we had today that was textile related, and point you to my blog if you want more pics.  I thought it was pretty cool, and I managed to add to stash.  SIGHS.
We took a trip to the indigo dyers today.  It is something of an Austrian tradition, and there are still a couple of places that do it in the old way.  The cottons and linens here are used mostly for dirndls in some areas of Austria.
Here's the blog post.   Here's my haul, which includes some quilting cotton, something for a skirt and two beautiful silks (they are the two on top).
In sewing news, my quilt came back from the long-arm quilter yesterday, so all it needs now is binding.  Besides that, I only have about a dozen other things going.  That's ok.  That's the way I like it.

5 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

What fun... and lots of beautiful fabric to show for your fun.. I love it..

Mary said...

You sound busy, engaged, and happy. AND, you have beautiful indigo fabric to fondle.

Dk's Wife said...

Oh that is cool!

Katej841 said...

wow, beautiful, and a cool adventure to boot...

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Heather, that indigo colour is just gorgeous - the silk on top is to die (pardon the pun) for :)