Sunday, September 1, 2013

Into September Sewing

Hi everyone - I can't believe how quickly the time has gone while this sew-a-long has been running.  And how many lovely things everyone has made.

 Our September total is better than I would have expected - over 100 yards.  The natural statistical shape of most stashbusters I have watched is that the amount steadily decreases and interest drops.  I'm glad that hasn't happened here - of course, there are always times when we can't sew, but it is great that so many of us are finding time to sew and style our way through our stash.  If you haven't been doing so well lately, just join in when you can.

Totals so far:

JUNE: 183.95 yards plus an extra 18.92 late addition from Janine.

JULY:  140.64  yards plus an extra 39.2 late addition from Janine.

AUGUST109.43 yards

We have also used bits of batting, threads, zips and all sorts from out stash, and have refashioned bits and pieces.

So I think this is a great combined effort.

I wonder what September will bring - you in the Northern Hemisphere are entering Fall/Winter, and we in the Southern Hemisphere are entering Spring/Summer.  And Hana probably has different sorts of seasons altogether.

So it will be lovely to see all the evolving seasons via our sewing efforts.

Happy September Sewing...

Sarah Liz

14 comments:

Jacq C said...

Wow, that is amazing. Your idea has been a huge motivator for me - sending a big 'thank you' hug x

Judith said...

This is just an incredible amount of sewing happening around the globe. Just think of all those empty shelves that now need filling back up....J

Dk's Wife said...

Amazing. I have a jacket to post for September!

Mary said...

August is a super busy month for me and I typically settle into some inside hobbies in the fall. There is less yardwork as the temperatures drop and we get ready for the cold. I will post some projects in a week or so. :-)

This is a wonderful group and I am so motivated by all the shared projects and my less full containers. I have bought some fabric, but only for a specific dress.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Thank you Jacq - I think everyone feels much the same way - it's sort of great to work in a harmonious group. It's got me more motivated too :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

I'm sure some people have already started, but that is great too- sewers will always think about the next project, it's just getting around to doing them that is sometimes the problem!! Even though some pieces of stash literally scream to be used :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Ooh, wonderful, looking forward to seeing that. Some projects take longer than others to make, and jackets are certainly in that category.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Isn't it interesting how working throguh stash gets you thinking about all those not so good purchases. I'm looking forward, like you, to buying better stash in the future.

Yes, as the temperature drops over there, interests will change - I guess everyone has busy and quiet months, which is why this was not a pressure cooker stash buster - it wsa really planned to be a motivational one, so I am glad it has worked out that way. I think also all credit must go to the lovely people who are contributing to this blog.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

whoops, through.

Zoë said...

I have mock exams in September but I have made a goal to get two dresses done before the end of the month, so only time will tell!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Zoe - firstly - the best of luck with your exams - these are important, so I am sure we will all understand if you can't meet your goals. Secondly, why not do your study well every day, and then reward yourself with a small amount of sewing time. That will refresh you for study again, and earn you another sewing reward. Just an idea...

Heather said...

Thanks for all your hard work in tallying it all! All of you are amazing!

L said...

Agreed. This challenge has been a great motivator and much credit is due to you SarahLiz. I hope we're able to continue this beyond December.

My sewing dropped off a bit at the beginning of August due to personal issues. While I haven't posted anything here recently, I am almost finished with a coat that used 3 yards of stash. Details soon...I hope!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi L, I'm open to keeping the blog going for as long as people want to continue. In a few weeks I'll ask people what they would like to do. It might be that a few people would like to continue, in which case we can morph.

There is never pressure with me, or I suspect anyone here, to do any sewing if it is not right for you at any point in time. Things do come along of a personal nature that take priority sometimes. It happens - that's why I suggest that people not feel bad if they can't quite make the goal.