Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My first contribution to Style the Stash!

Hello,

Here is my 1st contribution! Made today in just under 30 minutes.


OK, it's an unexciting tailor's pressing ham, but it used up just over a yard of fabric in total, and my stash has been reduced - all be it by about 0.0000001%. Plus, I really needed a pressing ham, and after reviewing the prices of some on the internet, I thought I could do just as good a job, for far cheaper.

It's a start. I have a couple of skirts in the pipeline, one of which I'm about to write a post about, as well as a couple more pressing hams and a foot stool cover.  If you would like more details, please visit my blog here.

Thanks for reading, wishing everyone happy sewing :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

I use my self-made taylor ham all the time. Works like a charm!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

That's gorgeous - much prettier than my tailor's ham :).

Mary said...

I use a rolled up towel! ;-( Well done.

Busy Elle Bee said...

Hello,
Thanks for your lovely comments :) I have to make a couple more, but now I'm getting orders for more tailor's hams from family members - what have I started? LOL.