Sunday, September 22, 2013

New Jacket


Hello.  Long time no blogging, but I have been busy with some sewing.  This is a cute little jacket that I made about 3 weeks ago.  I used a Simplicity pattern.  The jacket was meant to be unlined, but I added an interlining.  I finished all the inside seams with lace. 

I added piping along the front of the jacket and end of the sleeves to make it a bit more professional looking.  I also added a frog closure.  I pondered a moment about adding a black frog closure, but in the end, I thought I would keep the colors matching.  About the piping, this is not only the first time I have used piping with sewing, but I made my own!  Whoop for me!

Top stitching was done around the front, shoulder seams, and the princess seams.  I top stitched this using the triple stitch on my sewing machine.  It looks awesome if I do say so for myself.


The pattern is an easy sew, and by adding a few minor, but professional details, it gives the jacket a WOW factor.

Pictures were taken after I worn it all day, so it is a bit wrinkled.

All fabric was stash, along with the thread and lace.  The only thing I bought for this jacket was the frog closure.

Total outer fabric:  2.5 yds.
Total interlining:  2.25 yds.

I have a skirt to post about in the next week or so.  It goes with this jacket nicely :)

8 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Love your new jacket.. SO pretty.. and congrats on making and using your own piping.. SO fun ,isn't it? Happy sewing.

Judith said...

Your jacket is very stylish - love the WOW factor changes you made to it. And great idea to interline the jacket. Can't wait to see the skirt ... J

SarahLizSewStyle said...

I agree, little touches make a VERY BIG difference. It really is beautiful - and the ivory frog was the way to go.

Dk's Wife said...

Thanks!

Dk's Wife said...

Thanks!

Dk's Wife said...

Thanks.

Heather said...

This looks so classy. Great job.

redpointtailor said...

This is lovely jacker! Great job!