Sunday, September 22, 2013
I added piping along the front of the jacket and end of the sleeves to make it a bit more professional looking. I also added a frog closure. I pondered a moment about adding a black frog closure, but in the end, I thought I would keep the colors matching. About the piping, this is not only the first time I have used piping with sewing, but I made my own! Whoop for me!
Top stitching was done around the front, shoulder seams, and the princess seams. I top stitched this using the triple stitch on my sewing machine. It looks awesome if I do say so for myself.
The pattern is an easy sew, and by adding a few minor, but professional details, it gives the jacket a WOW factor.
Pictures were taken after I worn it all day, so it is a bit wrinkled.
All fabric was stash, along with the thread and lace. The only thing I bought for this jacket was the frog closure.
Total outer fabric: 2.5 yds.
Total interlining: 2.25 yds.
I have a skirt to post about in the next week or so. It goes with this jacket nicely :)
Posted by Dk's Wife at 7:32 AM