Friday, September 27, 2013

pants, and more pants coming (#19)

Hi all,

You might remember that I decided to sew up a flurry of pants- capris, beachy baggy pants, and slacks.  I sewed (and re-did the hems) on the capris->WIN.

I finished up the beachy baggies last week and finally found time for a photo.  Now, these are some of the WORST fitting pants I have ever made.  I used a pattern I have had great success with when using knits, and thought that the switch to a woven would be a walk in the park.  The pattern even indicated either could be used.  Well, my walk in the park turned into an endurance marathon of sewing, fitting, picking and resewing.  I will probably wear these while camping this winter, but the backside is SO BAD that I may walk backwards to avoid showing it.   Wanna see?

gawd.  yep, wadder.

Please credit me with 2 yds of fabric used.

6 comments:

redpointtailor said...

The pants - I admire your work. It is something which still is waiting - it is not only scary September but scary 2013...

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Sorry you were not happy with your pants. Best wishes with the next ones.

Beverly said...

Pants are a PITA (pun intended) to fit, aren't they? :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Mary, congrat for being brave enough to show and tell - I agree, not the best look. If you have to wear them, a long overshirt or jumper should hide some of the offence :) I'm a great believer in long shirts :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

And 2 yards gratefully credited :)

Hana said...

For me, sewing a pants is really scary! I agree with Sarah, you can wear a long shirts to hide a backside. So sorry for your unsuccessful project, Mary. I wish you best of luck on the next ones.