Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Simple skirt, more home dec projects

I made the world's simplest skirt out of some African cotton in stash.  If anyone is looking for a really easy skirt to throw together in 15 minutes, this could be it.  It is New Look 67356035.  Just about 1 yard used on this.
I am still readying the apartment for my brother's visit.  I whipped up two plain white pillow cases and covered the last of the ugly cushions I had lying around.  Just over 1 yd of the white cotton, just under a yard of the blue fabric used. *2yds total
Now I can get back to wardrobe sewing!  DH's shorts are nearly done now, and I've got some tops to sew.


6 comments:

SarahLizSewStyle said...

The skirt looks very effective - it's great to have quick and simple projects on hand for that instant gratification need sometimes. Pillows and cushions look smart.

Hana said...

Lovely skirt and fabric!
What a funny coincidence, I also made some pillow cases and now working on simple skirt for myself:)

Dk's Wife said...

It is a lovely skirt!!

Mary said...

That fabric on the skirt is wonderful-I love geometric designs. Pillowcases are on my list. Soon...soon.

Jen said...

Love the simple skirt :) Especially that fabric!

Heather said...

Yes, there is a shop here in Vienna that imports these wonderful African prints. I bought a couple of them a few months ago. It is challenging finding something to sew them into that isn't....overwhelming. But, I love how this turned out!