Wednesday, September 25, 2013

STASH JACKET...

...I figured with impeding cooler weather that is bound to get here one day in the future, my new Kay Unger dress, being sleeveless would need a jacket.  So I gave her one.  I wanted something simple and cute so I went with Simplicity A1738 that I picked up at WalMart for 97 cents.  I thought it would make a cool topper for my wardrobe - kinda like a cardigan alternative.


I used 2 1/8 yards of black pontederoma knit from my stash.



The jacket fits really good and came together quickly.  There were no surprises.  I've wanted a simple knit jacket for Fall for a while.  There may be another one coming up soon.

5 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Beautiful.. Love it. It will be great to wear with dresses.. Will have to check out that pattern. Happy sewing.

Zoë said...

I can only imagine how lovely the jacket would feel being made of pontederoma :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

I love that jacket Faye, as I repeatedly say - I might have to search out that pattern online....

Mary said...

Love this!

Beverly said...

Looks great & probably comfortable too. Love it!