Monday, September 30, 2013

trailer sewing

I'm going camping and wanted to glam up the trailer a bit.  Here is a table runner which needs to be sewed together-which is tomorrow's job ASAP.  I wanted to post my work here before I am done because I will be too busy tomorrow to sit down and do this quick summary.

It is 18" x 44",  and made of remnants and some fat quarters gathered over the years.  The stripe side will probably be the "public" side and the brown side the underside.  I'm not going to use binding on the edges, and probably no batting, as it won't be quilted.   Stash used=2 yards

Next up is a window treatment for the trailer bedroom.   The colors throughout the trailer are browns, maroon, and sage...I'd like a cooler feel so I think I'll use this hand painted silk I have.   I bought these 2 panels of a trptych when I was in graduate school a loooong time ago and hunted for the third panel.  Someone has it.  I plan to cut up the pictures and piece them with a plain backing.   Scary plan!!

4 comments:

SarahLizSewStyle said...

You must be leaving soon, so you must be sewing under a bit of pressure now in order to be ready. What a great idea for the silk - it might as well be used - it's waited a long time...

Dorothy DotDot said...

This is pretty. I am working with the same brown fabric this week, covering chairs and making dinner mats.

Mary said...

It's a beautiful cotton, isn't it?

Mary said...

Sarah Liz, We are only taking off for a week or so. We leave for the big trip in December.