Tuesday, September 3, 2013

UFO's

I was cleaning up the sewing room in order to finish that dress that I cut out in June.

Yea.

Never got there.

But I did sew this cute bag from 2 fat quarters.  I was given the kit a couple months ago, but had I not sewn this, it would have languished in the stash for decades waiting to become something.

And the leather vest was a project started 5 months ago as a make-over of a thrift store find.  Neither without their issues.  Details on my blog.

I'll claim this stash bust as 1/2 yard cotton, 2 yards leather.

3 comments:

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Marjorie - the bag looks fantastic with the jacket - sort of the masculine with the feminine. What a great idea to makeover a thrift shop find.

Heather said...

Cute bag. I have SOOOO many fat quarters that I was thinking of throwing together some scarves soon as xmas gifts!

Mary said...

I love the vest-and the bag is so pretty and flirty. You should get extra "points" for sewing with leather.