Tuesday, September 3, 2013

utilitarian sewing (#16 and 17)

Just reporting my stash busting so far this September-I sewed 2 pairs of board shorts in the last 3 evenings and used 4 1/4yards total.  Here are the uninspired photos, but I did press them! :-)



The top pair are sewed in a lovely linen, and the coin pocket is a scrap from my patio dress.  The bottom pair are grape colored denim.  I love this pattern S3839 OOP and will be posting a review of it on PatternReview.  One of my tripping points in sewing is the waistband...I worked very hard to make these as professional as possible.  I'm proud of the work, and these everyday pants will see a lot of wear in the next year.

3 comments:

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Mary, you should be proud of your work - these pants look really nicely made. You should enjoy wearing them - I know I would. The fabric is really nice too - far too good for clown pants, but these classics are just right. I'll have to look out for your review.

Heather said...

I agree, these look great! There is no way I could do those in 4 nights (even long ones)

Dk's Wife said...

They look lovely. Great job.