Monday, October 7, 2013

A Purse with Pockets

What I thought would be a quick and easy project turned into a little bit more. I needed a new purse and I wanted pockets to organize all my things. Then I decided to make duty specific pockets and that meant more work. But now that it's all done, I'm very happy with the results.



There are pockets on the inside as well. Read more on my blog. I also have posted a tutorial on the double welt zipper pocket shown in the top photo. It's not too hard to do. If you've done bound buttonholes, then this is simple.

Stash used:
3/4 yd for outer fabric, upholstery remnant
1/2 yd for lining, broadcloth
scraps for the handles and trim, brushed twill
I even used a zipper from my stash and the button was reused from a previous purse.

6 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw said...

SO pretty.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

SO pretty.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Very pretty and beautifully made - love the colours :)

Hana said...

Very cute bag!

Mary said...

Beautiful!

Dorothy DotDot said...

Pretty and usable for a long time!