Friday, October 11, 2013

Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

Hello there!

I'm Candyce a.k.a. The Sewcialite, and I'm super excited to be joining in on the fun (although I'm fashionably late!)

One of my first dresses, that I ended up cutting shorter than I planned. Oops..

I decided to start teaching myself how to sew over the summer, and I'm documenting my journey as a modern-day sewist in the making on my blog The Sewcialite. I'm sharing the good, bad (lots of BAD), and ugly as I learn this amazing craft.

My biggest goal for joining the 2013 Style The Stash Sew-A-Long is to challenge myself as a sewing newbie. The best way for me to learn is through practice, practice, and more practice. So pushing myself to use the fabric I've bought will be a great way for me to hone my skills.

I wish my stash was as beautiful and extensive as all of yours. But it kind of works out since I'm not only joining this sew-a-long near the end of the year, but I'm also in the final stages of planning my wedding....November 1st is the big day!


I've got a total of about 19 yards here. Fortunately, I'm obsessed with sewing, so I should be finished with this by the end of the year. I constantly keep adding to my fabric family, with no intention of stopping (yep, I'm an addict!)

I'm looking forward to learning from you all! I've already been admiring your work, and you all will provide great inspiration for me :-)


Feel free to follow me along my journey (and please forgive all of the bad sewing techniques haha)--www.thesewcialite.com

11 comments:

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Hi Candyce - first, let me wish you all the best for Nov 1- I'm sure you will be talking about that a lot as you get closer to the date - although it's only about 2 weeks away :).

You've got some amazing fabric there - and believe me, your stash will grow quicker than you can sew it :)

Christy S said...

Congratulations on your wedding and kudos to you for not only learning to sew but your willingness to blog about it. You have some very beautiful fabrics. I tried not to too closely since I have so many pretties, but still....

Scheryka said...

Welcome! I've visited your site. You have some great pieces.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Congrats on the upcoming wedding.. Wish you and hubby the best.
How wonderful you are learning to sew.. Such a fun hobby..Happy sewing.

Mary said...

Congrats! and welcome to our stash busting efforts. If you have just begun to sew, your stash is probably not too big. But, just wait :-)

Candyce Nicole said...

Thanks for the invite and for your kind words, Sarah! I have a feeling I'll be adding to this stash for sure :-)

Candyce Nicole said...

Thank you so much, Christy! You've got such beautiful pieces on your blog...just lovely! I've got fabric envy for sure LOL

Candyce Nicole said...

Thanks Scheryka! Lots of love from a fellow SC native :-)

Candyce Nicole said...

Thank you! I'm so happy to have discovered sewing during such a pivotal time in my life. I'm having a blast on this ride!

Candyce Nicole said...

Thanks Mary! I'm so ready for my stash to grow, grow, grow!! There are too many goodies out there that need to be mine LOL

MrsSmith said...

Congrats! How exciting for you!

You have a bunch of beautiful fabrics going on there! Heading over to follow your blog!