Sunday, October 27, 2013

Going Backward -- Sewing with someone else's stash

I finally got something done!



This used 2.75 yards of my friend Kate's stash for a fellow knitter expecting in a couple of weeks.  I am really happy with my results.
Read more about it at my blog.  The short version is that I used this tutorial together with this tutorial  which adds the cool outer pockets.  I had the sheep fabric in stash, and thought that it was a nice touch for a knitter's gift.
It is really a good size, so I will be making myself one soon!

6 comments:

Marjorie said...

At least SOMEONE's stash got smaller :)

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

So cute...

Dorothy DotDot said...

Very nice bag.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

I love the bag - and your ability to happily plunder another stash - what fun :-)

Candyce Nicole said...

How adorable!

Mary said...

oh, this is so cute-love the little sheep.