Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hummingbirds

Hi everyone, I've got a dress to share with you all! It's Simplicity 1602 in a hummingbird fabric that cost $3 a metre from the clearance table.



It's really lovely to wear, I lined with in a cotton lawn in a colour called "bone". I didn't have many fitting issues but I would have liked the skirt to be more floaty.



You can read more about it on my blog.
I'm hoping to use up some more stash before the end of the month :)

I used 2.5 metres of stash.

7 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Adorable.. looks so cute on you..
I love the fabric..

Hana said...

Hi zoe! You have made a lovely dress and I like your fabric very much :)

Dorothy DotDot said...

Zoe, I think that lawn lining is about as thin as it gets. Sorry, it didn't work for you. Although, your dress looks "floaty" and not stable.

Zoë said...

Yeah, I think it is mainly because the hummingbird fabric is a polyester, so of course that will be more "floaty" than any cotton!
Thank you all for the nice comments :)

SarahLizSewStyle said...

That is a really pretty dress - and a great idea to line polyester with cotton lawn as it will be so much more comfortable next to your skin. I love the pattern, and while it might not be as swirly as you first envisioned, it looks lovely in its own right.

Heather said...

What a great print for that dress. Well done.

Mary said...

Love this print, and I hope you make another from this pattern.