Sunday, October 27, 2013

I made a purse

I've actually been sewing but I am not good at taking pictures of my garments. One of these days, I catch up on all of the garments that I  have made. I am guessing that I have used at least 60 or more yards of stash fabric since this challenge started. I did finally take pictures of my most recent project.

Stitcher's Guild had a bag sewalong last weekend. I decided to make a bag for a work trip next week. I used Sewing Workshop L2 bag for my pattern. I've had this pattern in the stash for a while. This is a big bag. I used a double sided zebra print that came from the stash. The lining was a purple polyester that has been in the stash for a while. Everyting that I used for this project came from the stash. I probably used 2 yards of fabric. I made some changes to the pattern including adding two extra inches in width. The pattern is well drafted and the directions are easy to follow.

4 comments:

MrsSmith said...

I am still amazed at sewers who make purses and handbags. I just can't get my mind around it. I tried to make a little makeup bag for my daughter and got all crazy over it, I stuffed the pattern in the envelope and quit.

This is really nicely done!!!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

That's a really lovely bag. I agree with Mrs Smith - bags are not that easy to make. You have been busy behind the scenes - would love to see what you have been doing. Photo's are the hardest part of blogging :)

Mary said...

Love this stripey purse! I'm way behind on photos also :-)

Scheryka said...

Cute that would match my bolero I've been sewing for two months. LOL I've sewn a few bags but ultimately love garment making. Love your bag.