Tuesday, October 1, 2013

One more top to add to September stash busting

I was looking for a fabric and I came across this jersey I have bought some time ago - nothing new for all participating in this challenge :-)
Then I have noticed that what I though was black/grey shades - was actually dark blue/blue shades.

Blue shades jersey

After sewing other dark blue top I still have dark blue threads on my sewing machine and lock machine... so why not to make a top. I took the Jalie 2682 ..
v-neck top pattern cover Jalie 2682

and within few hours fight with my lock machine I have managed to sew a top.
Blue shades jersey top from Jalie 2682

I still need to press a little the seams but generally it is nice warm – perfect for autumn.
Next time I am going to just prolong the bodice part – this cuts are not needed at all. It would save a lot of fabric and hassle with my lock machine.
It was a great project for the 2013 Style The Stash Sew A Long! - about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 yards gone!


By Red Point Tailor


Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

Mary said...

This is so my style!!

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Mine too - love the fabric, love the pattern. Congrats on winning the fight Beata :)

Isabella M. said...

sehr schönes Stück, gefehlt mir sehr...:) LG aus bonn

redpointtailor said...

Thanks a lot! It was a struggle - but it was worth it... I think I will wear it a lot :-:

Danke Izabella :-)

Jacq C said...

That looks so cosy - perfect for Autumn :)