Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Peplum Top/Skirt

Pattern: Simplicity 1699 Peplum top with collar. 
                Slim Skirt: Butterick 1997 Black crepe back satin with kick pleat and front/back darts
Fabric used: Royal - 1/14 yds
                     Black - 1 yd


Pattern Sizing: 8-24

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very easy

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Like everything about the top.

Fabric Used: royal blue cotton poplin that has a feeling on nylon

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I added one inch to the back to waist length. That being said, looking at the back, maybe I shouldn't have added that additional inch, but the front needed it.

Would you sew it again? Yes
Would you recommend it to others? Yes

Conclusion: This really is a beautiful pattern and I can't wait to make all of the items.

*Note: I don't know if it was an error on my part, but I had to recut the facings because they were too short. I added about two inches to the back and trimmed where necessary.

6 comments:

SarahLizSewStyle said...

What a pretty top - and a straight skirt goes very nicely. It is annoying when facings are not right.

Michell Pulliam said...

You are so talented my friend!! Very beautiful ensemble...love the royal blue!

Dorothy DotDot said...

We'll soon see if it was my mistake on the facings.

Dorothy DotDot said...

Thank you! I'm enjoying your blog.

Sam said...

This is lovely. The blue is fabulous.

Mary said...

This is such a great outfit-good job!