Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September Roundup

I can't believe another month has passed.  I feel like I didn't accomplish much but when I think back to how much time I spent on my Fall for Cotton submission, I understand.  Here's what I did in September:

Completed 5 pair of Tofinos.  (I've been living in these since I finished them.  Here they are fresh from the dryer and unironed).
I love them and have several more to complete.  Total yardage:  10 yards (main fabric); 2.5 yards (piping) = 12.5 yards total

My Fall for Cotton submission was the dress from Butterick 5748 - 4 1/2 yards (dress); 3 1/2 yards (lining); 3 yards (netting); the bolero is Butterick 4792 - 1 1/2 yards. Total: 12.5 yards



I also made a muslin of The Lady Skater Dress - 2 yards (main fabric); 1.5 yards (knit lining): total: 3.5 yds

Total for September: 27.5 yards

13 comments:

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Christy - you are just so amazing - so many garments made - and you have busted our stash total amazingly :) Hugs for taking it over 100 yards again :)

redpointtailor said...

Wow! Beautiful dresses!

Christy S said...

Wow -- we really are making progress. I love that you are hosting this challenge. It keeps me focused on what I have and not the next shiny toy or pretty fabric.

Christy S said...

Thank you!

Mary said...

Way to use up stash!! I love the vintage dress. The Tofinos are so cute all lined up.

SarahLizSewStyle said...

That's fantastic - I'm finding that I'm focusing more on what I have as well - I had a tendency to buy fabrics as a displacement activity for sewing!

Christy S said...

Thank you!

Sew Blessed Maw said...

I think you have made lots of sewing progress in Sept. I love, love that dress .

Christy S said...

Thank you!!

Jacq C said...

Wow - you've been so productive. Super dress, I love the print :)

Christy S said...

Thanks! The fabric had been in my stash forever, so I'm glad it's an actual garment now.

Christy S said...

Oh my goodness, me too! Fabrics or patterns. Now that I'm actively sewing again, I realize that, at this point in time, I have plenty.

Dorothy DotDot said...

Wow! I love this dress. You are really stash busting.