Friday, October 4, 2013

Where did September go?

It's been a hectic few months, so posts have been minimal - there hasn't even been that much time for sewing either. I did manage a denim skirt with embroidered pockets on the back.
 The skirt was adapted from my favourite skirt pattern V8672. I added a CF seam and fly front and made a pocket pattern for the back. The waistband is also and addition.

On the skirt pockets, I have used a Rowena Charleton Sashiko design. The skirt is topstitched using the triple stitch on my machine.

All up, the skirt used 1.5m of stashed denim.
Next sewn was a piece of chineme silk I've had in the stash since 1991. This fabric was purchased in 1991 while on a trip to Hongkong visiting friends.

The fabric has an "embossed" texture. I love the hot pink colour, though this made matching buttons a hard task and in the end, I opted for covered buttons.

I used M6122 to construct the blouse. The pattern has a peplum (which is hard to see in the photo), an unusual collar and 3/4 sleeves.

The blouse used 2m of fabric.





That's it for my September sewing - 3.5m.

Oh! I did make a nappy bag as a gift, but in my haste to hand it on, forgot to take a photo. It was made with new fabric purchases, plus 1m of stash, so that makes my September balance 4.5m of stash.

Fingers crossed, life will slow a little and allow for more sewing.

Happy sewing,
Janine

4 comments:

SarahLizSewStyle said...

Janine - that's a great effort for a busy month - and every little helps :)

Sew Blessed Maw said...

I love that pink jacket.. SO pretty.. Nice denim skirt too.. Happy sewing.

Mary said...

Denim skirts are a staple in my wardrobe...yours is so cute.

Dorothy DotDot said...



Both of your items are just awesome!